Stimulating vertical segregation

Questions
espooner

Stimulating vertical segregation

Post by espooner »

Hi Oghmanano,
I'm interested in using Oghmanano to stimulate how vertical segregation in OPV BHJs can induce s-shaped JV curve behaviour. Is this possible with the software & would you be interested in collaborating with us on this project?
Thanks!
Emma
ezzrm
Site Admin

Re: Stimulating vertical segregation

Post by ezzrm »

Hi Emma,
Thanks for the question. Yes, it is possible to simulate vertical segregation in OhgmaNano, we did it in this paper (10.1002/aenm.201301290). What you have to do is to make three active layers. You can set these in the layer editor. What I would do is initially set all the layers to be exactly the same, then introduce a step in the band gap on one of the 'active layers' close to the contact to act as an extraction barrier. This will get you your s-shape. If you are using traps make sure each layer has the same number of trap states or it won't work. Hope that helps.
Best,
Rod
espooner

Post by espooner »

Thanks Rod! When I try and add in multiple active layers (and select them as active layers), they don't come up as an extra tab when trying to change the electrical parameters, do you know why this might be? I tried following the youtube guide to adding in multiple active layers, but in this video they are both a tab in the electrical parameters popup. Thank you
ezzrm
Site Admin

Post by ezzrm »

Hi Emma, Try try reloading your simulation. I expect the tabs have just not updated. Best, Rod
ezzrm
Site Admin

Post by ezzrm »

I'm also happy to zoom if it is easier, you can find my e-mail on the Durham web site. R